Sunday, July 5, 2009

Pink Shoe laces and Prayer

You might wonder ok what is the deal with Pink shoe laces.
Do you ever get to a place where you want to stop and think about someone, or something but need a reminder?
No this isn't about someone's Breast cancer or an awareness thing someone started.
I have been praying for a little girl named Victoria. She is 6 years old and has been battling a rare form of cancer since she was 3. I can't tell you how many rounds of Chemotherapy, radiation, stem cell transplant, and time spent in hospitals and doctors offices... but I can tell you where you CAN. Her parents set up a Caringbridge website.
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/victoriamartinsen

She has been on a lot of hearts in our community.

So Why did I put Pink shoe laces in my shoes. Pink happens to be Victoria's favorite color. I wanted to remind myself to think about her and her family every time I saw my shoes.

I HATE Cancer.
This disease has taken too many of close friends, relatives, and people I have known that I get sad.
Recently a friend of mine lost her husband to it and his Memorial (Homecoming celebration) was remarkably on Mother's Day.
I have another dear friend who is going through it and he is just finishing chemotherapy. I PRAY that there is NO more cancer in his Body... He has to have parts of his body removed because there were tumors there.
My heart broke in an amazing amount of pieces when my friend told me of this discovery.

NO one should have to go through this... BUT there are still things even medical science and all the technology we have can figure out or do.

Until then We will pray. Even with my Pink Shoe laces.

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments...I read every one. I cherish your thoughts and friendship.
But please remember to keep it nice. Thanks :)
Please consider not being anonymous in your comments.