Friday, July 17, 2009

Going Green... But Not Hugging Trees

You might think ok, Trina has totally lost it now. What's the deal with this.

I took a honest look at WHAT we were throwing away. We were throwing away a LOT of glass jars (baby food), plastic bottles(juice) and plastic (milk jugs), not to mention cereal boxes (which can be recycled).(all of which had a funky triangle on it with a number).
Our city has a blue bin which you can throw this in but everything has to be at least rinsed out and crushed. No not the glass.
We grew up in California and grew up recycling. Crushing cans was FUN!
I decided this two weeks ago and when I told Andrew this... He wanted to see if I totally lost it because green= crazy environmentalists to us...
I said no just check out how much we are tossing...
Since we cannot recycle diapers and I am not going anywhere near the cloth versus Disposable debate, We have enough trash.
I have a bin in my kitchen and it will probably live under my sink. Everything goes together since it doesn't matter in the city bin.( just make sure the glass is all together and the plastic is in one general place.

We are not hippies or environmentalists but all of our recyclables are not headed for the landfill.. :)
Be blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments...I read every one. I cherish your thoughts and friendship.
But please remember to keep it nice. Thanks :)
Please consider not being anonymous in your comments.