Thursday, December 4, 2008

new goals,driveway and the toddler

OK now that it's December at our house we think about goals we need to accomplish and start them now... Ever think why bother making New Year's resolutions because typically they don't work. so Start now and make it habit.

One thing we can take off of our list is the mystery of the leaking driveway.... Why would concrete spew water anyways... It can if there was a leaking freshwater pipe that broke while the house was being built (8 years ago) and didn't surface until mid September after all the dss stuff calmed down.
Luckily for us... we have a friend who is a contractor and he needed his computer fixed... so all we needed to do was rent equipment and Darren and Andrew dug a hole yesterday. A plumber was called and a pipe was replaced. Today as I pulled in our street, Darren was finishing the concrete that he put in the hole... We convinced Jonathan to put his foot in the wet concrete and left his footprint.
Andrew says we had a bad year... I say that's partially true but any time someone is born breathing to me it's a GREAT thing. if you want to chime in and add your .02 then go ahead.

We are now praying for Jonathan's speech therapist Tracy as she has an ovarian cyst that has been a problem to her. she goes for an u/s next week... I hope her ovary isn't going to continue doing this as I know how that feels. I myself am waiting for my menstrual cycle to return to make my own ultrasound appointment as I have been in pain as well.
Today I thought to myself good Lord, we must be twins.
Anyways that's all for me...
And yes, Jonathan slept in his toddler bed last night for the first time. He stayed there most of the night. I call this a victory. Daniel slept in the crib for the first time and it was a far cry from being crammed into a pack n play bassinet. I think he liked it although he woke up 3 times last night. I was more worried about the toddler bed because Daniel isn't able to climb out and run around the room destroying stuff like Jonathan can if you get my drift. ;)
Be blessed
Trina

1 comment:

  1. I hope this time of transitions brings nothing but blessing for you guys! Yeah for Jonathan and Daniel doing well moving to their new beds!

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments...I read every one. I cherish your thoughts and friendship.
But please remember to keep it nice. Thanks :)
Please consider not being anonymous in your comments.