Saturday, December 27, 2008

October 28th-All Shook up

No this is not about some Elvis Song...

I have to back up for a minute to tell you what was going on this morning...
After I got the kids in the car and got to therapy with Jonathan on our normal Tuesday morning routine...
After Jonathan's Occupational therapist told me she was concerned about his vision... and I am at a point where I feel frustrated and accused of doing nothing when in reality I've taken him to the doctor twice over it.

I went out into the front Lobby of Piedmont Hospital. I always meet people, some I see weekly as they visit people that are there in their church, some are friends of people who are sick. Some are there like me, waiting for a family member to come out of rehab or radiology. I have even run into some people I know that I hadn't seen in a long time.
Love the older women who love to come say hello and see Daniel sleep and say what a quiet child I have... LOL if they only knew THAT was his peaceful time of the day and the rest is spent screaming.

Today was different...
There was a family there and at first I thought they were all very close group of friends.
A couple really big guys were just really openly upset although it wasn't until later that I found out why. My heart broke for them and I didn't know why.
Here's why and one of them just told me: Their family has gone through 8 deaths in their family/friends in the year 2008 from everything from accidents, to murders to cancer. They had an aunt who was in the final stages of cancer and the family had been called to the hospital to decide how to proceed since it was her wish to not have to suffer. He did however say that through everything they have all learned that God is there to be their strength and they had to lean on Him and each other.
I cannot imagine what they have gone through this year, how they have been able to function under all of that.
I have friends- dear ones that have been through multiple losses and their faith amazes me, even though I have myself gone through that twice, I cannot fathom it happening over and over... my heart routinely is challenged to walk a mile in their sandals and go through their heartbreak. My heart breaks every time a friend loses a baby, a loved one or a pet...

Today I just questioned my whole perspective because of that whole encounter, and rather than think oh my stuff is petty compared to that, I felt as though God was trying to tell me it's all important although some may be way more serious...He cares about it all.
I am just thankful that our family's health is great at the moment and that we are loved the same.
I also know that I hate cancer with a PASSION. It's taken way too many of our friends and relatives and I so HATE it... I will however keep praying for folks like BJ, and Fred who are battling that beast and for kids like Victoria who prove that even at age 5 they still can trust God in their horrible situation. I pray for everyone daily.
That's all for me right now...

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments...I read every one. I cherish your thoughts and friendship.
But please remember to keep it nice. Thanks :)
Please consider not being anonymous in your comments.