Sunday, December 7, 2008

Life at The Shack

OK I know
If you know me, I am one who RARELY follows trends. If you know me I am more likely to CREATE a trend if anything.
I am not into trends and a few years back you probably heard me rant about Rick Warren's book The Purpose Driven Life. It was absolutely everywhere I went. Every church was doing either a class on it or a sermon series..Drove me CRAZY. Didn't understand it. didn't care...
Fast forward to about August and the Lord began dealing with me like crazy about dealing with the hurts in my life.
The church I have been going to started a series on the book The Shack... Ok but this time, I'm not rolling my eyes or ranting. without giving the plot of the book away... This is about God wanting redemption for me and also to heal.
My suggestion is to actually read the book... I read it in 3 days and rarely do I get into books.. but not since The Final Quest and The Call have I been sucked into a book. Well, ok The Bible but that is a given.
God has been trying to get through to us all and recently has been pointing out to me that life is not merely surviving stuff, but living and not putting my emotions in a box and not being able to deal with them because I don't know how to.
If you read it just know that I feel like I am Mack and God has a lot to deal with me on.
That's all for me right now.
Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments...I read every one. I cherish your thoughts and friendship.
But please remember to keep it nice. Thanks :)
Please consider not being anonymous in your comments.