Of course the journey to get here has been quite a ride but overall... we wouldn't change a thing.
Yesterday Jonathan had his parents in tears. They were happy tears at the discovery of something he had made at school. It was a Christmas ornament. It had a picture of him in his dress up character.
When we gave birth to him in 2006 we at times thought this would never be happening to us. He's bringing stuff he made home from school. May God be the Glorified as the maker of Miracles. :)
I think we are still going through his Terrible two's. I think it has caught up with us, and we are loving him through this.
Some days are better than others but overall I think he's a keeper.
He has loved his little brother since the day he met him. Why that sticks out to me I don't know. He wanted to hold him from the word go. We have seen an over abundance of love instead of anything we would call aggressive.
Daniel continues to astound me with the wonders that he just does. He is now taking six and seven steps between objects. This might not be an awe struck moment to anyone else, but I guess having a child like Jonathan might make me appreciate things like walking and talking. Jonathan had to seriously go through therapy and actually work at this stuff. Daniel just seems to be doing it all on his own.
This is REDEMPTION.
Daniel and Jonathan are adding vocabulary at a similar pace like I was told MIGHT happen. Daniel's newest word is UP (with perfect diction) . I was told Daniel might help Jonathan or vice versa because it takes two to have a conversation.
We are still trying to figure out what he's into (besides Daddy's AV and computer stuff). He's figured out how to open all of our saved bookmarks all at once, and find firefox help. I've yet to figure out how he did it.
Okay, I'll wait for some of you to stop rolling on the floor laughing and come back.
He loves trucks.
Jonathan has gotten into Phineas and Ferb on the Disney channel along with Thomas the Tank engine.
Thanks Brooks and Cynthia... He doesn't have a huge vocabulary so Phineas sticks out. Trust me.
A great Progress note: He made the sign for Change (or potty) when he had a soaked diaper. This was a huge day for us as we now know that he knows when he's wet or soiled.
Prayer Update:
We are sad to report that Cynthia Kelley's Dad, Douglas Toohey Passed away peacefully at the age of 80 on December 17th . He was a Husband, a father, a Father-in-Law, and a grandfather to many. He will be greatly missed and our family's sympathies go out to the Kelley/Toohey family. They would greatly appreciate your continued prayers and thoughts for their family.
Peace and Love.
Be richly blessed in this holday seasom


it sounds like they are both making great strides Trina!
ReplyDeleteHow special. What a sweet post.
ReplyDeleteI have had so many Google problems-and it isn't over-Google has no idea how to solve the problem.
Sorry I haven't been by much-I decided after weeks and weeks of non-stop Google issues, I am throwing my hands up and making much needed visits.
I hope you have a Very Merry Christmas and hope you can come by for a visit.
Cheri
It is the message I got from the poem on my blog, you cherish the small things because you never expected to see them. Having a preemie opens your eyes to the things we can and do take for granted.
ReplyDelete