Not sure how I am going to say it but I am so proud of Jonathan. He has come a super long way.
That being said I am a bit annoyed at his occupational therapist. All I will say is we know you aren't really trained in kids but you SHOULD know that it is NEVER acceptable to show your anger or disapproval about my son or any other child in front of that particular kid. Jonathan is very sensitive and as his mom I will not allow anyone to talk about him that way(especially not in front of him).
I really felt like letting her have it verbally, but decided it would do no good as I've made several attempts to get her to tell me what the heck she is doing with him in his therapy with no reply.
Next step will be contacting the administrator or just calling my insurance company. This should be against the law to not communicate what is happening with my child or allowing me to witness therapy through a 2 way mirror.
Now I feel absolutely horrible about how this lady acted and has constantly tried to label him even though we have a doctor and several specialists that can say he has a delay.
Hasn't everyone heard every kid is different and they all develop differently and at different speeds.
Daniel has already rolled over both ways and can grab stuff and transfer objects from hand to hand. This amazes both me and Andrew.
Being parents is hard enough but throw in Jonathan's issues and we are always expecting angelic help...
We know we have angelic help and people praying for Jonathan and that is so very comforting to us. Just to know we aren't alone and loved, that means the world to me.
Blessings
Trina
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comments...I read every one. I cherish your thoughts and friendship.
But please remember to keep it nice. Thanks :)
Please consider not being anonymous in your comments.