Thursday, January 29, 2009

Our life...Hills and valleys

Ok, Looking at the last two weeks I probably have been busier than anything.
We have had some breakthroughs that are wonderful and also some setbacks. It is just part of life. There are hills and valleys that we all go through. We all have been sick in our house and although the kids are now well, I am having problems with my sinuses, meanwhile Andrew has bronchitis...
Daniel is a healthy 21 pounds 6 oz. and is 27 inches. TIME to go get a CONVERTIBLE car seat and turn it rear facing.
Yesterday marked 4 years since we lost our baby Samuel. Not a day goes by that I don't think about life since. I am very happy, not about the loss of that baby but that we have Jonathan who is according to everyone around him a very loving child. We will someday far down the road tell Jonathan but for now we will just remember these days.
Jonathan has been talking a whole lot more since we changed speech therapist. It wasn't something we changed but by default since the therapist left we stayed and someone else took him on. I am so happy. His current favorite letter is V. We have a fridge fonics alphabet thingy and he loves it.
We have stopped using signs(sign language) and are encouraging him to talk. It was confusing the folks we were leaving him with at Kidstown and we also want him to make another step forward in his progress.
He likes Handy Manny and a new channel called Sprout... he also loves to dance and especially with mommy :)
Daniel is now in the beginning stages of introducing food and is in a pre stage of crawling... he loves to sit up. We love his smile and laugh and it makes my day hearing his laugh and hearing Jonathan too.
Jonathan has two tests this next week. Saturday he has an occupational therapy eval, and on Tuesday he gets an evaluation from the school district preschool to see if he qualifies. I hope that if he needs it he can get what he needs. We have always having trouble advocating for what he needs and have to constantly prove he needs it.
That's all for me right now.

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments...I read every one. I cherish your thoughts and friendship.
But please remember to keep it nice. Thanks :)
Please consider not being anonymous in your comments.