Sunday, September 4, 2011

Kindergarten!!!! Where did the time go?

Our First day of School
 Jonathan started Kindergarten at Stonegate on August 22, 2011.  We were lucky enough to go drop him off that morning.. Andrew followed him with the camera and took  pictures.  It made me think of the day  I went to the hospital to have him. My how time flies.

 Jonathan in his classroom. It is decked out in a cowboy theme.
Yep we must  be in Texas. I think...But that is another post.
We love our new teacher. I think I heard her say  she LOVED Jonathan.
I wasn't shedding tears a this point. We were Just really proud of him.
By the way I did cry as I left school.
 Daniel will be starting a Pre school program for kids that need speech therapy a week from tomorrow. We meet with his new peeps on Friday morning.  So far he has enjoyed having special mommy and daddy time with him.  He really enjoys the part when we go play on the playground before  we get brother off of his school bus.
We just want it to cool off some. It has been over 100 degrees here almost every day since we moved here.  That has made it harder to go outside and play.
Sarah and mommy at the boo hoo/yee haw breakfast. The had donuts, juice and coffee. I think Andrew expected more. After we went out for breakfast.
We think Sarah misses Jonathan and Daniel is just eating up all the attention he can get.
So far Jonathan has been coming home tired and his teacher  told me that he said that he wanted to go home  so he could see mommy and take a nap.
He has been getting green marks in his book for behavior and we find stickers on him.
Sometimes he comes home telling me the things he did in  school. Only thing is it's almost always in vague pieces.
Friday he came home and as  we were walking back to our apartment from the bus, he told me something. He said his class ate pieces of the Gingerbread man. That's all I could get out of him.
So glad his teacher sent an email telling us they had gone on a scavenger hunt around their school for the gingerbread man...and at the end they ate a gingerbread cookie. So glad because I was utterly and impossibly confused. I laughed when I heard the facts.
Jonathan has started speech therapy and I hope will be starting PT and OT soon.

Be blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments...I read every one. I cherish your thoughts and friendship.
But please remember to keep it nice. Thanks :)
Please consider not being anonymous in your comments.