Wednesday, November 5, 2008

...for a friend of mine



What David has meant to me in my life and my family's life.
When I met Pastor David I was 16 years old and had just made a decision to follow Jesus Christ.
I was living in some pretty rough circumstances. I was hurt and confused.
He was the first person I opened up to about it and, he helped me to see that I was more important than I was believing myself to be. He also loved me when I didn't feel loveable at that point in my life.
He became to me first of all a friend, he took the time to speak into my life and provoked my faith often with his humor.
He also did more than that. When I was 17 I went on a high school camping trip. On one of the days we all climbed a big hill. This hill was big and looked really impossible. I doubted whether I could make it to the top. we finally made it to the top and I was really awed at the view and at the fact that if it were not for encouragement for and from others none of us would have made it up there.
A few years later and after having known Andrew for a while, I asked Andrew to come to church.
He did, and a few weeks later Pastor David led Andrew to the Lord on Super Bowl Sunday.
In October of 1997 Pastor David married Andrew and I.
In February of 1998 Andrew and I moved to South Carolina, as Andrew's job had moved us there. We have found great friends who are like family to us and go to a great church.
We just celebrated our 11th year of marriage!
We also just celebrated the birth of our second child Daniel in July 25 of 2008-->
<--- and Jonathan's 2nd year of life on Palm Sunday (March 16, 2006).
David encouraged us to hold on to our faith that God would grant us a family, after hearing a bad report that we would be infertile.






David you have been an encouragement to many, and we pray for your peace and healing. we will continue to pray for you and your family as you heal from PTSD.
We just want to thank you for letting the Lord use you in our lives.
We want to thank you for your encouragement and prayers and wish to express you all the friendship and family blessings.

Peace and Love
Trina and Andrew Hoover
Jonathan and Daniel Hoover

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments...I read every one. I cherish your thoughts and friendship.
But please remember to keep it nice. Thanks :)
Please consider not being anonymous in your comments.