Thursday, November 10, 2011

Raising Awareness... HOW

I've gotten to the point in life...
Where some thing that used to be important to me, aren't that important now.
Okay now before I get hate comments on here let me clarify.
I care a lot about a couple of causes. The March of Dimes, and anything having to do with Cancer Research (esp. Kids Cancer).
This morning (Thursday) I was reading my facebook feed, like I normally do, I saw something that alarmed me.
A friend of our family posted that she was moving to Costa Rica for 12 months. I was like, are we still watching their kids tomorrow night? Are they all leaving...etc...
The truth was... It was one of those cryptic messages that is supposed to raise awareness for cancer; although I have no idea how anyone  can figure out the formula to how they got the words.  The first words of the email is that men are to be excluded from this....
This is always trouble for one by excluding anyone .Two... it doesn't raise awareness or money for a specific cause.outright (unless you ask someone who had the formula)
Like a friend of mine said. "you might as well flush a toilet"- She made a video I will post at the bottom...
For the record...She has her own blog, and I like it. this was on hers. This is HERS.

If you are into raising money for a cause:
Go find the Cause and support it...(click on the highlighted and it will take you there)
American Cancer Society- Relay for life- Personal because of: Andrew's Grandma(pancreatic cancer 2001)
Tracy(2006) Larry(2009) Victoria-Age 6 (2009) and Fred(2011)

Lukemia & Lymphoma Society-(for Christy)
CureSearch-Children's Cancer Research

March for Babies-March of Dimes- Prematurity and Birth Defect.-This one is personal and in a few days like I have for the last two years I am writing my blog about our Nicu journey and how we were helped. I am writing as a part of BloggersUnite for Prematurity awareness day.

Be very blessed and be a blessing to someone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments...I read every one. I cherish your thoughts and friendship.
But please remember to keep it nice. Thanks :)
Please consider not being anonymous in your comments.