Monday, August 1, 2011

Cherished Children and Starting School

Being a Pal Mommy and having kids of the age of starting school. I thought I might just take this as an opportunity to  explain what a cherished child is.

 What makes a cherished child: A cherished child is in many circles I travel in , any child that was either born or adopted after a loss. They are known by many names: Pal baby, Pal kids etc. Of course all kids are special... but to a PAL mom our kids are cherished

PAL- Pregnancy or Parenting After Loss.  And yes you CAN call yourself a PAL mommy without ever having to be a part of  the webMd or the grad forums. At least here with me and my friends.

I know several in real life (IRL).  One special Mommy to me is in her PAL pregnacy...she's having a girl. Due just after Sarah's birthday after having suffered 8 or more miscarriages and one failed adoption!
I am pretty sure she'd take any and all prayers for her and her baby.

I'm of course looking forward to Jonathan's first day of school. For us this is a long awaited milestone.  We tend to celebrate a lot of things in our family because well, why NOT?
I'm going to take my camera and some tissues because I will definitely be shedding some happy tears.

I posted earlier on Facebook a question and I have friends who will be sending their kiddos off to school for the first day of school...


Kids Starting Kindergarten in 2011

Jonathan (8/22) My Child
Benjamin- Kristy's son
Cheyenne-Alisa Schmoak's daughter Cheyenne
Paul- Kela's Son
Kaden- Heidi's son
Warner- Beth's Son
Amber- Lori's Daughter
Dillon-Amanda's Son
Shayli- Toni's Daughter 


Preschool Pictures, Images and Photos

Pre-School or Pre-K
Daniel- (my son) (after he gets tested)
Jordan- Amanda
Derek- Dawn's son (who missed the cut off for registration for Kindergarten by ONE day. What GIVES?)
Athena- Kelli's Daughter
Memphis- Alisa's Daughter

Patrck- son of our friend Brooks and Cynthia (who intentionally missed the cut off by 2 weeks) (whom I consider family)
I know Christy was trying to get Sarai into a preschool.  I hope Patrck got her into one...

Now you know I won't be the only one shedding tears this year  so I'm blessed!

As a praise report a friend of mine named Jennifer started her new job today...I am anxious to hear how it went..

1 comment:

  1. My first day went GREAT! Dr. Frank said he misses the Hoovers... so do I!! I appreciate all the prayers that went up. Praise the Lord for answered prayers! Love & Miss y'all bunches!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments...I read every one. I cherish your thoughts and friendship.
But please remember to keep it nice. Thanks :)
Please consider not being anonymous in your comments.