Before I start to here to thank a lot of people here, I will give you a point of reference so you can sort of get how far Mr. Jonathan (aka Mr. J).
When He turned 3...We were just beginning to teach him how to go up and down stairs... He fell down ALOT. Which scared both Andrew and myself.
He has a lot of issues with Balance... He would fall down just out of nowhere. He got that honest... Right Dad? Andrew STILL does this, and I'm ashamed to say I think it's funny.
OKAY I am so bad.
Balance is very important for walking and running...heck even standing up. Both Jonathan and myself have to really work at it. It's part of the rare genetic disorder we both share.
He is falling down way less now.
When He started pre-k when he was 3 years old. He was basically non verbal. He had a vocabulary of about 20 words. He would scream a lot and have temper tantrums our of his frustration.
It was sad and frustrating for us as well. I am so sure I've written about it here before.
Now that he's 5, he can tell you some stories... and although some of his words STILL don't make sense he can tell you a story. He has had some interesting dreams.
Baby You've come a LOOONG way!
He does a lot of other stuff now like write his name. He loves to draw.
He LOVES the computer... and his favorite game right now is Monopoly(which is on facebook)
This morning was bittersweet for me because without this school, he would not be talking or running around and being the smart little boy I always knew he was.
The only thing is my sweet little boy; you know the one we brought home from the nicu on oxygen, is growing up.
Several people to thank here.
First the folks from Easter Seals Early intervention. You were my sanity. You made life with Jonathan a little easier to deal with.
Thank you to the Exceptional Child dept. at the Rock Hill School District...
Especially Miss Kristen, and the other therapists who worked with him... Thanks for always answering our questions.
Special, special thanks to Mrs. Ard and Mrs. Puckett. Without you pouring your love into Jonathan and the other kids, we wouldn't have seen as much progress. Don't ever think that will ever go unnoticed.
You both deserve teachers of the year! Thanks for also teaching us about IEP's.
That and oh yes, I will never ever be mad at the decision to move him to the other class. We were all working towards this as a goal of his.
To my dear Antioch family, who've all Put your arms around my son, at one time or another in Sunday school, I credit you guys and the prayers you've prayed for him. Our God is bigger.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comments...I read every one. I cherish your thoughts and friendship.
But please remember to keep it nice. Thanks :)
Please consider not being anonymous in your comments.