Yesterday Andrew did something that totally made me teary eyed. He took all of us to a minor league baseball game.
I really don't think that Andrew was aware of what he was doing other than trying to have fun with his family.
I really had to remind him of something that happened while Jonathan was on Nitric Oxide.
\While we were there in the NICU with Jonathan we felt absolutely powerless, and the uncertainty over what the future held was really something that certainly bothered us.
Who wouldn't have been. At about the time Jonathan was put on the Nitric he started to speak to Jonathan about all the things he wanted to share with Jonathan as a dad. Among one of many things he told Jonathan he wanted to do was take him to a baseball game.
At the time my heart broke for Andrew. After all the time it took us to even conceive Jonathan...The thought of him not making it was really, extremely upsetting.
Okay Fast forward to last night. Jonathan had a blast with Andrew. Daniel and I had fun too. It was the kids,and I's first game also. Although it was really muggy out and a wee bit too warm , I really enjoyed it. I would do this again although I would get seats that had wheelchair access and stick my stroller there.
The team won by one point in the 9th inning and after there were fireworks.
Except one little thing: Jonathan is TERRIFIED by anything that sounds like thunder. I mean Fight or Flight(mostly get me out of here) It was really cool to actually be in the stadium watching it. I have in the past been on the freeway driving home from Charlotte on a Saturday night and seen it that way. This was 100 times better this way although Jonathan didn't agree with me.
Neither did Daniel as he became a clingy boy on Dad to the point where Andrew felt like he was being "constricted".
Well ,I just wanted to share that. Andrew doesn't realize how much that type of stuff touches me. That was too sweet to share.
Be blessed.


That is so awesome Trina!! Did you end up telling Andrew your memory?
ReplyDeleteMan, I am holding back the tears here!!!! I Love this.......Your family is so Blessed....
ReplyDelete