Saturday, January 23, 2010

The "Man Dresser"

Here is what we call the "Man dresser" Although some if the pics are in the sanding stage, enough of the before was left over.
Andrew had this dresser from who knows when. It's been hiding out in my closet not being used Andrew has been throwing his clothing in a white laundry basket.
There was a whole lot of drama in just choosing a color as Andrew wanted a bright blue and I really just wanted something that would look great.
There is always a power struggle. We chose Valspar Indigo Streamer in Semi gloss.
The after is STUNNING


Maybe now Andrew will actually put clothes in it. :)

I can proudly say this was my idea and it was truly a project that at times got crazy...

Things I learned.

Next time I will use a foam roller as I found the roller I was using leaving pieces behind. Even better I might whip out the sprayer.
Sanding it lightly although it sounded easy wasn't. It took me a while to overcome my fear of the sander.
A quart of paint is all it took (And I have some still left over). the top took 3 coats. Everything else took 2.

Paint always dries darker. I totally panicked when the paint went on bluish gray... I walked away at that point and when I came down later totally let out a sigh of relief.

Honestly I've never done anything like this before. I can see how my friends have become addicted to making things over.
Gorilla glue is to be used sparingly. It can and will multiply itself, and getting the extra off is impossible.
This took me a week and a half as the times I got to do this were when certain little people were sleeping and at school.

This inspired Andrew to want to re paint our bench...

Be very blessed and keep praying for Haiti... The world just got a bunch more Orphans to take care of. :(





2 comments:

Thank you for your comments...I read every one. I cherish your thoughts and friendship.
But please remember to keep it nice. Thanks :)
Please consider not being anonymous in your comments.