
October 15th is a very special day. It is worldwide Pregnancy and Infant loss Remembrance Day. A day when those of us stop and remember the babies that we and our friends have lost.
If you asked me 10 years ago if I knew what a miscarriage was or even if I would have one (or even if I would ever get pregnant for that matter) I would have told you I couldn't tell you.
Now being in 2009 and having 2 miscarriages..I can tell you I've learned lot and gained a ton of compassion for what people have been through.
I would not ever wish one on my worst enemy nor would I ever tell anyone to abort their child.
Losing your baby is the worst pain that you will ever have and I will honor the short lives of the babies I lost and those of whom I am friends with. I honor Samuel who died of a fetal demise at 7 weeks (1/2005) and Hannah Janay who we lost by miscarriage (8/31/2007).
You can go HERE for more info on Pregnancy and Infant loss Remembrance Day
Please light a candle if not for a baby you are remembering , but for others who are missing their babies Due to Miscarriage, Stillbirth, PProm, or SIDS.

There is a silver lining in this story. If I had not lost my babies, I would never have had the sad honor of getting to know a group of ladies on the internet who had been through similar losses known as PAL or Pregnancy after Loss.
I do communicate with a lot of them and Many of us have gone on to have living children(sad to say "living" as a description of my children).
We have shared Laughter, Tears and everything in between.
Right now I hold a Special place in my memory and in my heart for Ladies such as Tracy,and Toni who recently lost their babies and now either have their ashes or have a cemetery plot with their dear angel babies names on it.
No one should ever lose a baby EVER and these dear ones definitely should have not been touched by that.
I hope they don't come to me and hate me for writing that as my heart hurts real bad for them. We may come from different backgrounds, but we are a sisterhood. A sisterhood where we all have been touched by an angel or two(or more).
Where would I be without Sarah who could be living a parallel life with me. There have been many times I thought something and she wrote it. She could have me crying one minute and the next Rolling on the floor laughing
Be blessed and go light a candle Thursday night at 7 pm (your time).
You made me snort laughing and then made me all teary eyed. I love you guys too! LOVE the new blog look as well. WIsh I had a quilt this pretty in real life...or any quilt (they are much warmer and cozier than just a blanket) :)
ReplyDeleteI find great comfort in knowing out angels are playing together and it has been an HONOR to watch J grow up, knowing Stanford would be the same age, it brings me peace knowing what he might have been doing at this time in his life. It is also funny to see D and remember back a year when Kenadie did her silly stuff at that age.
(((HUGS)))
S&K