Oh there are several reasons why I contune to hate this time of year. This could trigger those recovering from post Nicu stress.
I totally get triggered by the Children's Miracle Network Specials. I have 2 babies and at least one was helped in a nicu that is in a CMN hospital. I have some very traumatic memories there BUT I am super grateful for what happened there and not a day goes by that I don't realize that without their help Jonathan wouldn't be here today.
This is also the time of year thatI remember what it was like to bring Jonathan home from the NICU with monitors and Oxygen. It does get better. I was reading a friend of mine's blog and she has just brought her preemie home from the nicu and is really Raw from the experience. Please pray for Kim as my heart broke for her. She was recounting about the Big Bird Yellow- plastic gowns they have and how you are totally washing your hands till they hurt. As I read that I was actually smelling the hideous antibacterial soap and the smell of the gown and the sweat that would happen when you put the gown on.
I hope she continues to talk about her experience. I think she thinks that she has beat that into the ground. I say NO. She'll feel better as time goes on about it. TRUST me.
I hate the RAIN that's especially making what ever in the world is making us all so miserable FLOWER and creating pollen. Normally this happens twice a year for us. This year it seems to be constant because of the amount of rain this area has gotten.
Everyone but Andrew is on allergy medication wither over the counter or perscription.
I took Andrew to Urgent Care yesterday because he seems to be fighting off something that seemed akin to a really BAD flu. When he first got it he wouldn't go to the doctor because he was afraid that he had the swine flu because of the many undocumented workers working on the shipping dock that he deals with day to day.
Result: He has bronchitis. Probably as a result of the long hours he works. He has no choice but in 2 weeks he worked over 110 hours. Just over 30 hours in overtime.
He has gotten very little sleep and has been going in at all hours even when the managers he works for don't themselves go in until at least 830 and leave at about 4 pm exactly. I live with a zombie and this scares me. This is now effecting his health.
Other than that we are doing awesome. School just got out. Trying to figure out what to do for the next two months. Already I have had enough of watching trains of all sorts on Youtube. I need to get out and get some sunshine..
Jonathan said the words we have been waiting for him to say all of his life. It was "I love you". This might not mean a lot to you and seem normal, but this kid has had trouble speaking at all anything intelligible. We were and are over the moon. This is a glimmer of hope for us and lets us know that he is really happy.
Thought for the week. Try finding something small to be grateful for that maybe you've missed or taken for granted. You'll begin to see the miracle of the ordinary.
Blessings
Awe! The first time they say I love you and knows what it means totally rocks!
ReplyDeleteBTW Thank you. I have my days that I am not bugged by the whole NICU days, then days that you wonder how you did it. Today is one of my good days.