Monday, May 18, 2009

Then and Now... my Jonathan

First off I need to put a disclaimer here. If you are triggered by NICU anything it's ok but DON'T watch... I don't want to trigger anyone, what I am doing here is processing my heart from that experience. Yep 3 years later... but it has gotten better the more I have looked at my photos and the lovely little boy who is trying to wipe tears from my face saying "make better".
I am doing this to help you see just how FAR Jonathan has come...
Jonathan was born TERM (2 days before his due date) with Lung Disease of Prematurity (preemie Lungs) on Day 6 of his hospital stay he was moved to CMC Main-(Now Levine Children's Hospital Level 4 nicu(highest in the region) This is when we first saw him there after he was moved.


Things here would worsen BUT he fought hard and got better. The ECMO word was used a lot and we PRAYED hard.
He came home 55 days after he was born on Oxygen and monitors.
3 years later here is Jonathan
Photobucket

If you Look at the first one separately from the second one without knowing about the second one you lose perspective. If you are like me. I look at the first one and cry. We thought he was going to die. We can now look at the second one and totally SMILE and Thank God for the major miracle he did and start praising God like crazy.
I still cry at these but I promise these are healing tears.
BELIEVE

3 comments:

Thank you for your comments...I read every one. I cherish your thoughts and friendship.
But please remember to keep it nice. Thanks :)
Please consider not being anonymous in your comments.