Tuesday, May 5, 2015
song I have been singing to my kids
This song I've been singing to them when this comes on my favorite radio station Air1...
We've been having some issues lately which leave both Daniel and Jonathan feeling like everyone is against them.
We withdrew Daniel from school to homeschool yesterday with a little more than 3 weeks left in the school year. We did this out of an abundance of caution concerned for his safety. He had run away from staff and out of school half a dozen times last week alone. and NO I'm not going to call the media.. calm down.
We attended our Resolution session last Thursday and spent 2 hours NOT talking. Someone else did all of the talking for us the same way we would have talked if it were us only no one can use what we said against us because we didn't talk. It was pretty eye opening, but overall our school district is pretty ICY. We didn't expect anything to come out because in general these sessions don't do much. They didn't expect us to bring in some representation. They were fully expecting us to just lay down and roll over and do what they wanted. NOT. Gonna. Happen.
I'm Just here because the law says I have to... Just like this guy did at the 2015 super bowl media day... only we thought about it and decided not talking at all was easier.
At this point Andrew and I have placed our concerns at God's feet and our Educational attorney is doing all the fighting for us. at this point we have had several things happen to confirm that , yes we did the right thing by making the decision to call an attorney to fight for Daniel's civil and educational rights.
Jonathan had his appt. with his new developmental/behavioral pediatrician and because we know this doctor well enough because she sees Daniel she knew us so we were able to get down to business pretty fast. Told his whole story and my frustration with the medical community in the Dallas Fort Worth area.. Finding a caring pediatrician who got what we were dealing with and was on the same page with us took forever to find... so much so she checked on Daniels progress and we decided we will start weaning him off his meds this week and adding a new medicine
Jonathan saw the Neurologist last week who checked him out and the spot on his back is a scar from one of his dramatic trip and falls down the stairs. His NF-1 is fortunately only segmental meaning it's less severe in it's effects with no tumor development likely. The tricky thing for Jonathan's doctors is trying to determine which symptom is part of NF-1 and which is part of the Chromosome 21q22 deletion he has. so a team of people have been following on an as needed basis. Genetics, though is once a year just to follow him.
Prayer request (Prayers, thoughts, intentions whatever and however because everyone has different beliefs)
If you could send some our way towards our lawyer on Wednesday ... He has a pre-hearing conference regarding our case. Pray for the hearing officer to be fair. pray for favor so we can put Daniel back in school in the fall with the appropriate programming and supports he requires to be successful..
if you can pray for me I have been totally suffering with seasonal allergies... which invariably leads to either sinus issues or an ear infection. my right ear is giving me a fit again. I see my doctor tomorrow. Stinkin stress.twice in several months. don't see him for a couple of years and then then it's more than I'd like because I generally try to stay away from doctors..
Be blessed even if you are walking through the Valley or if you are on a mountain top. May your valleys not be as low and your mountain top be a place of rest and preparation.
Shalom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comments...I read every one. I cherish your thoughts and friendship.
But please remember to keep it nice. Thanks :)
Please consider not being anonymous in your comments.