Friday, February 13, 2015

A story about someone I love and what they taught me.

Okay I was thinking about someone I dearly love.  I will not apologize for anything because of several things I was reminded of when I was with her.

I have a friend named Jennifer. Okay you say which one? Alright fair enough half my friends list it seems like.  Jennifer and I have known each other for a while.  We all met through mutual friends. We became close friends.. Long story short the mutual friends moved away and we all decided to hang out together... my oldest son, Jonathan shares the same name as her husband. awesome family.
I never thought I could write this  but somehow I was reminded.  Now that she knows... :-)


1. Never go anywhere while you are pregnant without a buddy.  At about 31 weeks when I was pregnant with Sarah Grace I got Hypermesis Gravidarum (extreme morning sickness) and had to go spend time at the hospital so I could learn how to eat again. Apparently Sarah was laying on part of my stomach and I was unable to hold food down because she was on a nerve that caused severe pain whenever I ate or drank anything. After I came home Andrew put me on restrictions so I wouldn't overdo myself caring for my kids, doing laundry etc.  This was good although it literally took 3 people to do what I normally did.
Jennifer became my doctor buddy.  She got to do everything with me well, except the private things.  She was able to be with me for a lot of ultrasounds to look at Sarah.  She also was there for me freaking out.  Which leads to

#2 Expect God to Show up in ways that will totally blow the lid off your God box forever.
Case in point...
One day as I said I went to the doctor, and I was telling him that I felt scared having to go to L&d with the complicated history I had with Jonathan's delivery and nicu stay.    The doctor asked if we prayed and the answer was yes, sure we all pray... and then he asked if he could pray, and he did it right there in the exam room. That we were not even expecting this because a lot of Christians when they ask to pray for someone don't actually do it there with someone.  Well not since we left MorningStar.  We both realized how ministry was exactly where you were and not exactly in africa or  in another country.  He was a minister with an MD.  His mission field: his office with his patients and with his patients in the delivery room. God uses you where ever you are.  We marveled at what God did, because it was so powerful over lunch at Mama Ricotta's.... mmmm Tiramisu...

3. I never thought the scripture we wrestle not against flesh and blood...would come to life at a church event we visited and I guess it became a WWE event where it became a wrestling match with the pastor and some guy.  It was scary and rolling on the floor funny... I was very pregnant and my kids were 2 years old and 4... I was afraid for my kids and myself and funny because a senior pastor was acting like a kid.

4. When in doubt take a funny picture or video...you'll totally laugh later and forget the  thing that we were all stressed out about.  Even if we were literally clowning around.
5.  The day I had Sarah, even though she was not with me ...I felt like she was with me in Spirit.  I prayed for you and your husband the entire day.
Words alone cannot express my love and gratitude for what you gave me in my life and what you did for my children.
a few months after I had Sarah, Andrew and I decided to move our family to Dallas/ Fort Worth.  It was the most difficult thing we had ever done.
When all 3 of our kids were sitting on a plane waiting to take off I seriously started weeping. my heart broke and I truly feel like I left a large piece of me in Rock Hill.   It took me a while, although I still miss Jennifer like crazy.
I have several very close friends that are more like family to me that it even feels a little bit weird saying that they are "friends".    Family is forever, and I will never, ever let you forget. I pray for you often.

So why am I talking about her?  Well, honestly she came to mind and the Lord started to remind me of all the things that He did and just how totally insane and awesome that was and how powerful and encouraging and life bringing  this just sharing REAL life is.


 I love you Jennifer and I'm just awed by the fact you are so amazing. <3 p="">
I dare anyone to share a memory you have that left a lasting impact of one of your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments...I read every one. I cherish your thoughts and friendship.
But please remember to keep it nice. Thanks :)
Please consider not being anonymous in your comments.