What does dedication mean? Well in 1st Samuel (in the Bible; Hannah who in the anguish of her struggle to conceive a child prayed a prayer and Told God that if He gave a child, she would give Him to the Lord's service.(I'm breaking it down for you but I did provide a more exact Street address) ------->(1Samuel 1:11)
What does this mean in more practical terms. Andrew and I are publicly dedicating ourselves to raise Sarah in such a manner that, in time when she's a little older and able to decide for herself to follow the Lord Jesus and ask Him to be her Lord and Savior. This could happen at any time and we'd be pleased as punch.
Many things that happen in church are mainly symbolic gestures of what we have already done in our family's walk with the Lord. Only there is something very important about doing things as the Corporate Body (as in everyone gathered together).
Andrew and I have dedicated both Jonathan and Daniel.
I
Daniel's dedication 2009
It sometimes only feels like yesterday that Jonathan was holding newborn Sarah for the first time. He begged more than some of my lady friends. :-)

Something you may or may not know about me:
In 1995 I was having trouble with my girly parts, as in I wasn't having a monthly occurrence I went and saw a really great doctor and after a bunch of tests; told me that my ovaries were not very functional and that trying to conceive would be very difficult if not near impossible.
I thought that my dreams of having a family someday would be exactly that. A Dream.
Andrew and I were married in 1997. In 2000 we decided to try to conceive. In 2001 We went to see a doctor that a dear friend (and a reader) had gone to.(eternal Thanks to both God and Barbara).
Late 2004 we conceived Samuel, and this baby passed away in utero sometime in January 2005. Although that was a horrifically awful loss... 6 months later we conceive Jonathan. By that time we had been married for 8 years. at his dedication we were able to share His testimony and share God's great faithfulness.
When Jonathan reached about 18 months we prayed for a sibling for him. We conceived and quickly lost again.
We decided to get some of our friends to pray for us, as we were praying and Daniel was conceived(by prayer and without the use of fertility drugs using a Natural Family Planning method) and Born in Late July of 2008. (2 weeks shy of the Olympics). Jonathan was 2 Years and 4 months.
In early 2010 our hearts were stirred and prayer began although I told no one...several people who mean a lot to me who had no knowledge...began having dreams of me holding another baby. Some were even certain of the sex and even certain aspects of this baby's giftings, Sarah Grace was conceived and entered our world after a very difficult and drama-filled pregnancy. Hypermesis G was and is NO joke and landed me a week's stay in the hospital.
She arrived and made her debut Dec. 27th 2010... (Daniel was 2 years and 5 months, Jonathan was 4 and change She has been a very sweet, loving and although if you mess with Texas you will get a side of her that would make the devil pack up and leave (but she still has Carolina in her so she will smile and be cute while she makes her displeasure known)
We have learned along the way in our life that EVERYTHING is a gift. That no matter the difficult things we have had to deal with, it's still something we GET to do together.
Dedicating her will be so sweet. Bittersweet. I remember the before we had kids time of going through years of infertility. Seeing dear friends have their babies and praying for the strength to be able to stand with them as they dedicated theirs. It was painful, but God is faithful. He brought new friends into my life who even on dark days seem to know how to lift my spirit and to be able to laugh (even without consciously trying). Friends that inspired me and my faith (even when things were happening in their lives- they were still the most caring people in our life).
I run into amazing people both in the every day and on Facebook and the internet who amaze me at how strong they are.
So we honor God in Dedicating Sarah Grace.
We Love you little Ms. Sarah Grace.
Your love is amazing.
It sometimes only feels like yesterday that Jonathan was holding newborn Sarah for the first time. He begged more than some of my lady friends. :-)

Something you may or may not know about me:
In 1995 I was having trouble with my girly parts, as in I wasn't having a monthly occurrence I went and saw a really great doctor and after a bunch of tests; told me that my ovaries were not very functional and that trying to conceive would be very difficult if not near impossible.
I thought that my dreams of having a family someday would be exactly that. A Dream.
Andrew and I were married in 1997. In 2000 we decided to try to conceive. In 2001 We went to see a doctor that a dear friend (and a reader) had gone to.(eternal Thanks to both God and Barbara).
Late 2004 we conceived Samuel, and this baby passed away in utero sometime in January 2005. Although that was a horrifically awful loss... 6 months later we conceive Jonathan. By that time we had been married for 8 years. at his dedication we were able to share His testimony and share God's great faithfulness.
When Jonathan reached about 18 months we prayed for a sibling for him. We conceived and quickly lost again.
We decided to get some of our friends to pray for us, as we were praying and Daniel was conceived(by prayer and without the use of fertility drugs using a Natural Family Planning method) and Born in Late July of 2008. (2 weeks shy of the Olympics). Jonathan was 2 Years and 4 months.
In early 2010 our hearts were stirred and prayer began although I told no one...several people who mean a lot to me who had no knowledge...began having dreams of me holding another baby. Some were even certain of the sex and even certain aspects of this baby's giftings, Sarah Grace was conceived and entered our world after a very difficult and drama-filled pregnancy. Hypermesis G was and is NO joke and landed me a week's stay in the hospital.
She arrived and made her debut Dec. 27th 2010... (Daniel was 2 years and 5 months, Jonathan was 4 and change She has been a very sweet, loving and although if you mess with Texas you will get a side of her that would make the devil pack up and leave (but she still has Carolina in her so she will smile and be cute while she makes her displeasure known)
We have learned along the way in our life that EVERYTHING is a gift. That no matter the difficult things we have had to deal with, it's still something we GET to do together.
Dedicating her will be so sweet. Bittersweet. I remember the before we had kids time of going through years of infertility. Seeing dear friends have their babies and praying for the strength to be able to stand with them as they dedicated theirs. It was painful, but God is faithful. He brought new friends into my life who even on dark days seem to know how to lift my spirit and to be able to laugh (even without consciously trying). Friends that inspired me and my faith (even when things were happening in their lives- they were still the most caring people in our life).
I run into amazing people both in the every day and on Facebook and the internet who amaze me at how strong they are.
So we honor God in Dedicating Sarah Grace.
We Love you little Ms. Sarah Grace.
Your love is amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comments...I read every one. I cherish your thoughts and friendship.
But please remember to keep it nice. Thanks :)
Please consider not being anonymous in your comments.