Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Confused but not anymore

Someone tell me if I am okay... Maybe you can give me advice.
Okay, I got in a groove kept on going for a long time... Life in our house can be a challenge but somehow we we just manage to make that a normal thing. I try not to dwell on the challenges themselves, otherwise I wouldn't be able to enjoy the subtle victories and all of the sweet moments.
I pretty much have a lot of structure for the boys since Jonathan seems to really thrive on a schedule. There are exceptions to this as life happens, but without a schedule or a routine I'd die be totally always be late for everything and never have important things done.
We try to take everything in stride as we are pretty laid back by nature.



The Article That sent me into utter confusion
Article Here
One day last week I was doing stuff on facebook after the kids were in bed. I get a message in my inbox. Someone sent me an article on Apraxia (language disorder where the brain knows the words but the mouth and all it's muscles just can't finish the job).
This person meant well and I can understand she was just sharing information that someone sent her because her son is been diagnosed as having it.
Ever google  something you've been diagnosed with and it totally freaked you out.? Yes, this was the case . Sort of.
To me this was terrifying. Maybe I'll ask about this to his pediatrician. Maybe I just need to take a deep breath and pray. Maybe his peeps are missing the whole picture and I don't know what to do about that.

It took me some time to shake all of that off. Like I said I try not to focus too much on what he can't do and focus on the things the He CAN do.
I think of all of the stuff he's currently doing...Simply amazing.
Currently he is 13 days from turning 4 years old and right now  besides saying his name he has been doing things like put his toys away, put dirty clothes in the basket, and help with his brother in a more limited way.
He's also good at saying mommy over and over again... And when he sees daddy being sleepy he says "Daddy's sleepy just like Fire fighter truck(Fire Truck) is sleepy". Some of the stuff although totally and utterly is honest has us totally tickled. We try not to laugh too much.
I took him with me to the fire station to drop off some cardboard and the fire trucks were inside. I told him that they were sleeping...
He then says "Wake up Fire fighter Trucks!".  Now to you or I we know that when we see a fire truck they  are going to a call or a fire. I do not wish for that to happen but it does. We  have totally told him that they need to sleep and only come out for fires or when people call them.

Andrew almost made a huge feux paux  by telling him about the fire alarm. Oh my Lord he almost pulled it. :\
He's forgotten about that but to an almost  4 year old he'd see a fire truck one way or another.  Bad daddy moment for sure. ;)
That's our life for sure right now and Daniel is moments from learning to RUN. We are beside ourselves as Daniel was talking to me saying "Daniel Good boy.".

Here is a video I found. I've been curious about different places so I went to you tube. Here is the Video
It's actually a guy who drives  and films his trips on different roads. Awesome. This is actually the roads we drive around on so you know the area I live in.

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments...I read every one. I cherish your thoughts and friendship.
But please remember to keep it nice. Thanks :)
Please consider not being anonymous in your comments.